TuneIn

Monday, August 16, 2010

Way Out


Introduction
Motorcycle Ride
School For Robots
Nothing To Do
This has shown up on the blogosphere a time or two, but it's new to me! When I recently came across this VERY strange children's educational record from 1968, I was intrigued by the homemade cover art. What lay in the grooves however, was even more surprising. Using some early electronic techniques, tape manipulation, sound effects, a lot of imagination and a strong counter culture aesthetic, Bruce Haack created something I would be proud to have my children listen to. Enjoy...

4 Comments:

Devlin Thompson said...

There's a documentary about Haack available on DVD. Regrettably, it's not a particularly good documentary. Still, it's something, I guess.

Debbie D said...

I've always wanted to hear this. Thanks!

Jukeboxmafia said...

Thanks Devlin. Good to know...

Debbie: I can send you a cd burn of the whole album if you want...

Anonymous said...

We had this when my kid was about 3 or 4. He was so surprised when the motorcycle went up the wall!

add